Bradley Hallman of Norman, Oklahoma has a commanding lead after two days of fishing in the first FLW Tour Event of the season on Lake Okeechobee. After weighing in a five fish limit of 25 pounds even on Day 1, Hallman turned around and did again on Day 2 – bringing in five fish weighing 25-7 for a two-day total of 50-7.
In second place was the only other angler to surpass 20 pounds on each of the first two days, Alex Davis of Albertville, Alabama. He weighed in 20-15 on Day 2 to go with his Day 1 weight of 21 even for a two-day total of 41-15. This weight has him a distant 8 ½ pounds behind the leader.
Trailing in a very distant third is Charlie Weyer of West Hills, California with 34-6 – more than 16 pounds off the lead. Rounding out the top 10 are:
- Michael Neal of Dayton, TN with 32 – 6
- Shinichi Fukae of Palestine, TX with 32-5
- Brandon McMillan of Clewiston, FL with 32-1
- Joshua Weaver of Macon, GA with 31-0
- Ryan Chandler of Hebron, IN with 30-7
- Billy Shelton, III of La Crosse, VA with 30-4
- Greg Bohannon of Bentonville, AR with 29-8.
On the co-angler side Tim Cales of Sandstone, West Virginia won the two-day event with a total weight of 30-11 ounces worth $20,000.
For complete results visit: http://www.flwfishing.com/results/2016-02-04-lake-okeechobee
It was a tough tournament for local professionals, with no one who calls the Carolinas home making the top-20 to fish on Day 3. Todd Auten of Lake Wylie, SC – the highest finisher who calls South Carolina home – had a two-day weight of 24-13 worth $10,000.00. The cut-off for a check was at number 59.
Other anglers of local interest and their finishes are:
82. Shane Lehew (Mooresville, NC) with 18-5
87. Jayme Rampey (Liberty, SC) with 18-3
91. Brandon Cobb (Greenwood, SC) with 17-13
92. Timmy Thompkins (Myrtle Beach, SC) with 17-12
109. Chris Baumgardner (Gastonia, NC) with 16-10
123. Brian Latimer (Belton, SC) with 15-8
126. Matt Arey (Shelby, NC) with 15-1
132. Brian Thrift (Shelby, NC) with 14-3
140. Anthony Gagliardi (Prosperity, SC) with 13-5
157. Nick Gainey (Charleston, SC) with 10-3